Marketing and Development Manager
The Marketing and Development Manager plays an active and integral role in the success of Dancenorth and its continuing leadership as an innovative, influential and internationally recognised contemporary dance company. The role provides a talented, passionate and dynamic arts professional with the opportunity to directly advocate for, and contribute to, the growth of contemporary dance in Townsville, Australia and internationally. For the right candidate, this is a great opportunity to step up into a management position. The Marketing and Development Manager will support the General Manager, Artistic Director, Board, and the broader local dance community to achieve shared goals.
Like many small to medium arts organistions, we achieve huge things with a small core team. Our Studios are a hub of activity, with the ensemble, open classes and hirers. This role will be vital in supporting the programming that upholds Dancenorth’s reputation. Exceptional attention to detail, organisational and proven planning skills, initiative and ability to juggle multiple projects, creativity and flair are all essential attributes to the role.
As a representative of the company, you will exhibit a professional attitude, a working knowledge of the Australian contemporary performing arts industry and a good sense of humour.
The position is expected to work closely with the General Manager, and with the Artistic Director and Production Manager. The position reports directly to the General Manager.
In 2017, Dancenorth has 7 new works in development, 4 international arts festival presentations, regional and international tours, residency programs, secondments, a Community and Education program and Open Classes.
- Plan, implement and evaluate comprehensive marketing campaigns for Dancenorth shows, seasons and products
- Develop and manage company marketing channels including but not limited to advertising, distribution, merchandise, TV, radio, digital, mobile, social, direct mail, web and PR.
- Prepare, coordinate and distribute marketing collateral and promotional material including annual season brochure, posters, flyers, programs, signage, and other print and electronic material.
- Design and layout basic company documents such as e-news, flyers, postcards, reports and proposals in line with the approved brand style guide
- Manage and brief external suppliers, including creative agencies, media planners, copywriters and multimedia producers for the delivery of marketing campaign collateral
- Write, source and edit copy for high quality print and online promotional materials that are consistent with and positively reflect the Dancenorth brand
- Develop innovative direct marketing strategies, campaigns and activities, and ensure the effective management of the company CRM database
- Ensure all partners, funding agencies and other interseted parties are represented appropriately in marketing collateral.
- Respond to and coordinate daily marketing and development enquiries
- Manage the company’s social media channels
- Ensure the filing and archiving of company marketing and development materials
- Assist with market research studies as required
- Plan, manage and evaluate company events, including launches, opening nights and corporate evenings
- Develop sponsorship documents as required and manage the company’s promotional and sponsorship with external clients and stakeholders including sponsors, media, other arts organisations, groups and other relevant parties
- Represent the company in a public relations capacity as required and provide support in the management of publicity campaigns
- Conduct regular research into philanthropic trusts and foundations relative to Dancenorth’s activities and assist with the preparation of funding applications
- Plan and manage giving campaigns and/or other specific fundraising activities
- Coordinate ticketing in conjunction with the Dancenorth ticketing agency including the creation of events, holds, complimentary tickets, sponsor allocations, etc.
- Manage opening night and VIP ticketing requests and data
- Monitor ticket sales, produce regular sales reports and provide assistance with the maintenance of company sales statistics and analysis
- Act as liaison for sponsor requirements and assist with the development of sponsorship documentation as required
- Other tasks and projects as directed from time to time
The above list is not exhaustive and the role may change to meet the overall objectives of the company.
Applications close 19 February 2017. Late applications won’t be accepted.
If you love a fast paced environment and working with a fantastic team, please download the full Position Description and email your application to Deanna Smart, General Manager firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07 47722549 for more information.